Saturday, June 02, 2012

June 2
Quote of the Day

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Romans 2:16


This may be the first Bible quote I have here. Regardless of what the source, this is some sound advice. Whatever you're thinking of when you consider someone "lower" than you or somehow less, get off your high horse and level the field. I'm all for taking pride in who you are, in what you do, in your own choices, but I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of pride we're talking about here. So humble thyself, as they say, and listen to that "lowly" person for once, try on her pair of shoes for a minute, consider his point of view, and you may learn something valuable.

I'm not sure what it is about this blurry image that I love,
but there's something that just does it for me. 



No comments: