Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 12
Quote of the Day

A traveller sees what he sees. 
The tourist sees what he has come to see.
G.K. Chesterton


On this day last year I took off to the other side of the world. Literally as far as I could go from home, and ended up discovering friendships from way back when and making some new, falling in love with the lands of the hobbits, and enjoying the down under with the help of a bunch of uh-mazing locals. Well, locals and expats, but nonetheless people who took me beyond the go-to, top 10 places to visit according to whatever tourist guide I would've happened to read.
Forward to today, and I'm the expat/tourguide/roomservice/friend/fellow-explorer.
This spring my day-to-day life's been flooded by visitors from afar. And while I've been blessed with most peeps being open to suggestions, to walking around aimlessly and people-watching, there's definitely been some headaches caused by "WE MUST SEE THIS!" or "WE CAN'T MISS THAT!" But...all this came to a beautiful end with the latest visit of the most chill and open-minded kind. True traveller-style, I guess, if we're to use the above quote for some guidance.
Atm my brain's tired from too much doing and too little rest, but the last week+ has been a glorious ride of friends old and new, discussions deep and shallow, foods healthy and disgustingly bad for you, and nights...long, late, warm summer nights.
And while I'll miss the company of a new to New York friend, I've definitely welcomed a time of wakeup-gotowork-comehomeandeat-gotosleep for at least a day or two. Mm-mm.

Meanwhile, here's a few sights in my City from a traveller's perspective:











No comments: