Thursday, November 08, 2012

November 8.

Quote of the Day.

Life is too short to work so hard. 
Vivien Leigh

Choosing this quote definitely stemmed from midterms season anxiety.
I can tell you  now, and I could've just as well told you a year ago today, that every year, every month, and especially every midterms and finals week I flip-flop between two ideologies. One believes in this quote 110 percent, wants to follow my heart at a moment's notice, and tells me nothing's THAT serious that it's worth restless nights, premature graying, and stress over pages left to read. Life will figure itself out, it says. Only do what you feel in your heart as right, it goes on.
But the other keeps pushing through obstacles, over mountains, one gray hair at a time, with sometimes more, sometimes less enthusiasm, and the peak to be reached over one more stretch ahead.

If I knew which route is the one to take, I wouldn't be straining my soul with all this fence-dancing.




No comments: