Friday, November 30, 2012

November 30.

First off... GOODBYE MOVEMBER!
Men can look normal again, with some more of them straying from purposefully ungroomed and ridiculous facial growths. Thank God.

Onto this month's last Quote of the Day. 

No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place. 

Zen saying

The above is a perfect nod to the home where I'm not at the moment. The home where Christmas really feels like Christmas, and when it snows, it really snows, and you don't complain and shut down whole cities, but move on, push it out of the way, stomp your way to point B - or just lay down and look at the stars while making a snow angel.

And speaking of persistence and not taking the easy route...I saw another quote today that goes together with this one, and also speaks of the fact that the place that we never wanted to be in, the place that we would've done anything in our powers to avoid, often teaches us things we never thought we could learn; things we now appreciate and find an invaluable part of who we've grown to be. I don't remember where exactly I read it right now, so I'll have to go with my rendition of the wisdom in someone's words.
But isn't it beautiful, though? How a perceived missed step, a wrong turn, or a series of unfortunate events can lead to some of the most beautiful memories and most love-filled, and growth-inducing experiences? I don't think I would've said it at the time, but thank God for the past spring and summer. I also am not quite convinced right now, but I'm hoping that one day...or maybe minute by minute from the moment I read that quote...I'll look on this fall of madness and stress, and I'll see that I couldn't have gone where I needed to go without it.

Happy December!


No comments: