Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 22.

Quote of Thanksgiving Day.

Silence is a source of great strength. 
Lao Tzu


      As I sit down on my home couch, it's indeed good to be quiet for a while.
I'm a pretty huge people person, but I tend to be equally in need of silence as a source of healing, growth, and strength from time to time. Well, regularly.

      Tonight, for example, was an amazing night, filled with laughter, games, people, food, community, and love...new friends and old, young kids, adults, and those older...all joining in a meal and time of happiness and gratitude for what was, what is, and what is yet to come.
      And part of what I'm so extremely thankful for is the chance to retreat to the quiet and calm of my home, our peaceful bedroom, comfortable bed, and under the weight of the down comforter...with a perfect cool breeze from the open window dancing across my skin.




1 comment:

Maria said...

Onpas ihanan kodikkaan näköistä :)