Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26.

http://www.123rf.com/photo_12251187_red-heart-in-a-box-of-chocolates.html
Quote of the Day.

Life is like a box of chocolates...
Momma Gump

Life's definitely delicious and often so so tempting!
But it can also make you feel sick, teach you - or fail to teach you - self-control, and brutally disappoint you (just think of those liquor-induced pieces...uhhh!).
Right now I feel like I'm finishing up the first layer of mostly amazing goodness, dotted with one or two pieces worth nothing more than a spitting into the nearest garbage can. I understand that there's a whole second layer waiting for me, just behind the little sheet that I need to lift, but am weirdly unable to enjoy the thought of it after piling too many pieces on my plate in the past minute or so.
So now I'm learning patience. And I'm learning that not all the good things are best had now. And I'm learning that it's good to know that some flavors are just not meant for you - so you don't have to try them just because they're chocolate.

www.fazer.fi


Or something.
But here's to more enlightened delight in the second - maybe even third? - layer of the sweet sweet life! And maybe even some actual chocolate. mm-mm.

No comments: