Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 16 + 17.

Quote for the Days.

I swear, if I could feel my hands, I would tickle you until you learned how to smile. 
Mr. Bear on animalstalkinginallcaps.tumblr.com

Picture from: http://dejiss.blogspot.com/2012/08/the.html
Last year, when I discovered this website, I couldn't stop laughing for post after post.
Granted, I haven't been as impressed in the later posts he had, and haven't been following it lately, but goodness! So much fun! :)
Apart from the actual idea of animals being outrageously outspoken and witty, with pictures to match, I feel like this reallllly often. Sour faces, constant pickiness and complaining have me thinking screaming "how about a smile or a bright thought for once?!" on the inside. Obviously, most often it's not my place or business to go and tell people how to deal with their lives or different situations, but sometimes it's just too much. A number of years ago, I read somewhere that smiling at people you come across throughout the day helps brighten their day and may even give you a smile back, and I'm pretty sure I've proven this tactic to be true in my experience. I hope it hasn't only made me feel better about how I confront strangers on the streets of New York or whatever other city I'm in, but that it's made a difference in someone else's day as well. Not a big one, necessarily, but a difference regardless.


So here's to an upcoming week of more smiles shared!

1 comment:

Maria said...

katos katos ! :D mäkin oon päässy tänne !