Thursday, March 01, 2012

March 1
Quote of the Day

Every big problem was at one time a wee disturbance.
Unknown


Tonight I am tired. Tired and overwhelmed, and slightly anxious about my overall life at the moment. Too many issues are crowding my coming days, and I'm having trouble navigating through all of it, without exhaustion, frustration, and doubts. I'm actually having trouble letting go of some of these things, which I'm working on, but before that happens, I struggle being in constant on-mode day after night after day after night.
Every big problem was at one time a wee disturbance. To the procrastinator me this reads as an accusation. You wouldn't feel this way if you had just started on all these things as they came along. To the philosopher me this could mean that no big problem is truly big. As we worry and give it room to grow, it becomes catastrophic, overwhelming, and takes over our everyday lives.
The solution could be to combine the two explanations and realize that no problem is truly as big as it feels, if only we catch it before it takes its toll on us, catch it before it grows, before time inflates the stress, catch it before our brains even grasp it as a problem, but simply a thing to quickly finish.
Now, I can write all these smart words, but the truth is I don't see the solution being that easy. When something is overwhelming, it's overwhelming, and you most often cannot reason your way into a peace of mind. So while I remain stressed and tired, I'll try not to think about all that needs to be done as much, and maybe give a little room for thoughts of change. And maybe by retirement, I'll do all that I described above successfully.
Baby steps, like they say.

No comments: