Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 30
Quote of the Day

My home is not a place,
it is people.
Lois McMaster Bujold

With both my roommate and me not having any family or our closest friends around, it could be seen as counterproductive to having this hung on our wall as a reminder of "Hey, this will never be your home; your home - aka your people - are far far away."
Yet, somehow it brings this sense of calm. In two ways, actually. One, it reminds me that no matter where I am, I'll always have a home with those I love. Two, it reminds me that by surrounding myself with loving and awesome people, I can have a home wherever I go.
New York is slowly starting to form into a home for me, and it is definitely due to the people I meet, talk to, spend time with, and stick to. People who make the amazingness of this City actually noticeable, useful, enjoyable. People who bring the party to the City that never sleeps. People who bring the "home" to my piece of the big apple.
My home is not bound to a house, a plot of land, or a native country. My home is worldwide, and what is sweet about that is that in a way, it lets me be in several places at once.
Don't ask me what that means, but hey, it's 3.13am.

1 comment:

Maria said...

<3 :)