Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16
Quote of the Day

I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up.
Tom Lehrer

Oh God, don't get me started on this.
From obviously stupid people to Santorum, we're surrounded by people who'd just do better to all of humanity by keeping their thoughts to themselves. Or the lack thereof.
On the flip side, I take great pleasure in living in a society that emphasizes free speech. And in order to truly immerse myself in this way of living, in order to take pleasure in being allowed to hold my opinion, to proudly state my opinions, I have to allow others the same privilege. And this is what I'm trying to do. Yet, part of my opinion is this: if you have nothing but hate to spread with your words...if you have negativism, bad things, judgment, without points and reason to backthem up...what are you really saying?
And then this:


If only you would be altogether silent! For you, that would be wisdom.
(Job 13:5)





No comments: