Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29
Quote of the Day
[or Poem of the Leap Day]

Of everything I have seen,
It is you I want to go on seeing.
Of everything I have touched,
It's your flesh I want to go on touching.
I love your orange laughter.
I am moved by the sight of you sleeping
...
That is why I love you, and yet not why.
There are so many reasons,
and yet so few,
for love has to be so involving and general,
particular and terrifying,
joyful and grieving,
flowering like the stars,
and measureless as a kiss.
Pablo Neruda

I don't know whether it was foresight and immeasurable wisdom or just a perfectly fitting coincidence,
but writing this poem down on the page at the end of February in my last year's calendar, definitely brings a smile on my face today.
This is a poem I love and dedicated to my love a year ago, and today, on the extra day of love we're all given [which for me, though, has been filled with everything but...uhh], I am again reminded of how little every little stressor, fear, annoyance or burden really matters when I look at my bab and feel him in my heart.
I love you, Love.
Aina.

No comments: