Wednesday, February 01, 2012

February 1
Quote of the Day

My dreams were all my own;
I accounted for them to nobody;
they were my refuge when annoyed
- my dearest pleasure when free.
Mary Wollstonecraft

Last year at this time I was clearly on a dream roll. And while I would gladly talk about dreams for a day more, I'm devoting this pos to the amazingness of Mary Wollstonecraft.
Her "A Vindication of the Rights of Woman" first amazed me in a women's literature class. The strength with which she writes against the gender discrepancies of her world and the courage which her texts exude is captivating. If you're a woman, Read her! If you're a man, Read her! If you're in any way hoping to change the world, Read her! Just...Read her!
And that's all folks.

Except, about her dreams quote. Do allow your dreams to be your refuge.
Although I was talking about sharing them and how beautiful that can be, don't let others exploit your dreamworld. Don't let them come in and put your dreams down, confront them with reality, shatter them with laughter. Don't let them steal your dreams (yes, I've seen Leo in Inception and am fully aware of the dangers of dream theft. Beware.)
Luckily, our mind has the wonderful way of birthing new dreams when old one's become too superficial, too out in the open and too unsatisfactory for whatever reason.

2 comments:

seetheworld said...

good post dude!! xoxo

Tanja said...

Thanks dude! Keep on reading! :)