Monday, February 27, 2012


February 27
Quote of the Day

Life has taught us that love
does not consist of gazing at each other,
but in looking outward
together
in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

But what happens when I tire of achieving; will you love me then?
What happens if I change directions, or want to, with you? Will we love still?
What about if I lose my will to plan and pursue? Or to strive. To keep at it, the rat race.
Will you still love me if I'm feeble, witless, afraid? Tired?
Where do we draw the line of changing within the constraints of the same person, versus turning into someone else. And if I turn into a being unknown to you, will you still love me?
Should you still love me, if I can no longer be who you loved?


And what is this "same direction" in a world that throws curveballs and pitfalls behind every corner?
They say couples who sleep with their backs turned at each other have true trust in one another and their love.

No comments: