Monday, January 30, 2012

January 29
Quote of the Day

If the only place I could see you was in my dreams,
I'd sleep forever.
Unknown

I don't quite endorse this quote, as I'm a strong advocate for couples having a life outside of their relationship as well. However, thinking of last year, when around this time we had just been separated by thousands of miles (I in Europe, he on the West Coast), the idea of being close to the one you love while you sleep is pretty damn amazing. For a while we used to end calls with "Meet you in my dreams" instead of "Bye", and, while it's extremely cheesy, it was our thing. It was a way to say that in our hearts and minds we're not as far apart as the world was wanting to make us believe.

And right now, waiting for him to come on Thursday, our 4 year anniversary, and with it being 3:08am, reading this quote in last year's calendar is very fitting.
So with thoughts about the importance of enjoying the time, glimpses and moments you have with the one(s) you love - in whatever shape and form they may come -, I'm heading to bed to meet him in my dreams. <3

No comments: