Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23
Quote of the Day

Bitterness is like cancer.
It eats upon the host.
But anger is like fire.
It burns it all clean.
Maya Angelou

I feel like this quote is about honesty. Honesty with yourself and with those around, openly and emotionally. Bitterness, to me, is an emotion that grows from anger, sadness or disappointment, when they go unexpressed. It is the end result of holding back, for whatever reason; not expressing, but not getting over.
Anger is honest. It can be brutal. It can be unnecessary and unfair. It can be wrong. But it is honest. And you express it. Maybe it is the psychologist in me talking, but one way or another, your anger shows.
All this being said, in short, I'm trying to say that you should allow yourself to be angry. When you're angry, face it, don't worry and be ashamed, but be honest about it and deal with it. Others will deal. Much better than you think, actually. And you'll be better off.

In other news, I found the first ever leather couch i could love. In my home. Oh how the turn tables...

No comments: