Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 23.

Quote of the Day. 

I am not what happened to me; 
I am what I choose to become. 
C.G. Jung


The different psychology theories are interesting, and when as a psychology student I read through them, it's often easy to agree with more than one of them, even if they seemingly conflict.
I'm not sure that I believe 100% in the ability to choose, to rule your own life, to step away from all the influencing forces of your rearing, your childhood, your youth..But thinking in this direction gives one a nice sense of autonomy and strength to overcome obstacles.
As we near the new year, perhaps it's good to direct my thoughts more toward Jung's words, believing that, even if I can't run away from all that I already am and what has taken place in the past to shape me, I can choose to change and to work with what I have but not be ruled by it.

No comments: