Friday, December 21, 2012

December 17. 18. 19. 20.

Quote of the Day. 

Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it true? Does it improve on the silence?
Sai Baba


I have spoken, and above all written, a lot more than should have been necessary in the past few days. Page after page of frustrating assignments resulted in less than kind and definitely unnecessary bursts of anger, frustration, and self-pity that both I and those around me had to take in. 

With last week's horrific ending, and my assignment to evaluate a mass murdering school shooter this week, the effect life and those in it can have on us has been on my mind a lot. I can make a difference in someone's life, in my life especially, by considering the consequences of all of my behaviors, words, and even thoughts more carefully. I can contribute to a better world by living a life of love. 

This quote has some New Year's resolution potential; think about it for a while, and try to remember it for the coming years. 
Humankind will definitely benefit from all of us trying to adopt a kinder, more thought out demeanor toward those near and dear to us.

No comments: