Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 15 + 16.

Quote of the Days. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel. 
Unknown

I don't think I've ever felt as drained as a result of a semester of school as I've been feeling in the past month or so. Granted, my lack of exercise is surely part to blame, but feeling mentally and even physically exhausted 24/7, 7 days a week, does not make it easy to get back on the running track or to the free weights.

I am absolutely done with being able to push and get involved in things, and taking everything on this semester was obviously a bit too much. I'm now looking into the coming weekend with hope, yet perceiving it as a somewhat unreachable goal, lightyears of writing and brainstorming away. And the way things are working right now, the brainstorming is very unlikely to be "much more than a few sprinkles," as a wise character on Mad Men put it. :D
Still, deadlines seem to emerge as if there's some constantly feeding pool of things to do for school, and I'll have to continue writing a research article right after taking a breath on Christmas Day. Just the thought of it all weighs down on my chest, yet I keep believing that some relieve will arrive in the form of the new year and the coming spring.

So I cling on to this little light somewhere in the far off distance. At least for now.

No comments: