Monday, September 10, 2012

Quote of the Day.

A friend is someone who knows your song and sings it to you when you're lost. 
Unknown

There is a few things I love about my best friend more than the fact that she doesn't always just listen. She also doesn't always just hand out her opinions. What she does is start sentences with "Well, knowing that you value x and y..." or "To be honest with yourself, so and so..." And while this often doesn't push me to one side or the other when making up my mind or instantly fly me over obstacles, it keeps me on my mind. It reminds me to consider the things that I value, the things that make me me, that facts and beliefs and qualities that I put first, but sometimes forget in the midst of the madness and hurdles.
And with these wise words - thank GOD - come words like "You're still you; I love you" when I've messed up, disappointed myself (or her) beyond belief, and worry that my actions or decisions might come between us.


No comments: