Friday, April 20, 2012

Quote of April 18.

We learned more from a 3-minute record than we ever learned in school.
Bruce Springsteen "No Surrender"

I must say that this is a point that has struck me more than once. Definitely more than once. 
Not necessarily in the philosophical way mr. Springsteen might mean it, that that's where we get words of wisdom and influences for our lives instead of soaking up academics, but in a simple why-is-it-so-much-easier-to-remember-Leo's-five-last-movies-and-Brangelina's-children's-names-than-psychotherapy-methods-or-spss-?-?-!-? way. 
On April 18th I didn't sit down and post, because this is exactly what I was struggling with. SPSS was getting the better of me, and all I could resort to was the world of a specific Seattle hospital. Deadlines were getting closer and closer, and I was struggling with getting things done. 
Of course, a lot of it is inspiration, and not me not knowing how to do things, but the problem remains. Even with a relatively ambitious mind and a decent passion for learning and school and getting to where I want to be career-wise, why is the pull of entertainment and, well, everything else, so strong, and the readability of textbooks so sleep-inducing?


No comments: