Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22
Quote of the Day

Although the world is full of suffering, 
it is also full of the overcoming of it.
Helen Keller

Not only do I like this quote because it's really what I'm hoping I'll be able to actualize for many many individuals suffering with mental illness and the pains of imprisonment, but it's also telling me that not only is the world full of stress and painful finals and papers, but also the meeting of deadlines, the completion of degrees, and the overcoming of the "I can't".

Also, it makes me think of this news article I just read about 16-year old Misaki Murakami's football, which was lost in the tsunami in Japan, being found in Alaska. Yey, for happy reunions and rebuilding lives after disasters - even if its in such tiny victories and successes. 


abc_japan_soccer_120422_wblog.jpg

No comments: