Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 9
Quote of the Day

O that a man might know. The end of this day's business
ere it come!
William Shakespeare

...But it sufficeth that the day will end. And then the end is known.

I think the last few lines are crucial.
So often I desperately want to see into the future, even if just a few hours, a few days ahead, to know if what I'm doing now will be worth it. To see if what's stressing me out now will pay out. To see if what I'm unsure about has a clear answer.
But would looking into the future completely stop me from living in the moment?
I have a feeling I would have problems concentrating on the here and now, enjoying today and those around me, and being happy with current life. I struggle with this constant forward-gazing as is, how much more would I push through and take on if it were clearly taking me to a wanted goal? And would it be worth it?

No comments: