Sunday, April 08, 2012

April 6.-8.
Quotes of Easter

Sometimes beauty blinds us in our search for the truth.
House

All life is an experiment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The unexamined life is not worth living.
Socrates

The first quote makes me think about religious experience, and the role that being "moved" or "touched" plays in feeling you've found the "truth." I've come to think - or feel - that I must be closer to whatever truth exists when I feel normal, calm, and comfortable. Of course getting emotional and feeling loved and filled with love can be a beautiful experience, but that should not be the sole marker that tells me "this is it." I'm not really sure where I'm going with all this, and I feel like I'm rambling on, but that's the gist of the above quote for me.

As for the two below it...They make me want to travel. They make me want to try things, and they make me feel less worried about making mistakes, about maybe taking a few detours on the way. Perhaps its not as bad that I didn't go straight to college after high school, didn't continue straight to my master, do not have the perfect job right now, and am still searching for whatever spot makes me feel most myself and most comfortable in life. While I'm working on life, I'm experimenting, I'm trying, I'm learning. All this is life, and all that makes me that much richer.

How much more will I know of who I am, where I am, what I want and love, and who I want to surround myself with after taking all the side roads and back alleys, rather than having stuck to the straight main road? More, I hope. :)

No comments: