Friday, January 04, 2013

January 2. + 3.

Quote of the Day. 

There are far far better things ahead, than any we leave behind. 
C.S. Lewis

Here it is - the daily grind.
The tree is taken out, guest have taken off, and the house is quiet again.

     The excitement of my first NYE in the city is a thing of the past, and I'm back to treading the streets in a rush from one place to the next for the year to come.
     This spring, however, - and beyond - I'm hoping to take a new perspective on everyday life. Not much has changed, and I have stayed away from making any radical New Year's resolutions, yet I'm determined to step forward more mindful of what's there.
 While the holidays were a great - NEEDED - break from my overly ambitious fall of 2012, I am anxiously awaiting the year to come. The good times spent with friends old and new, the cooking, the baking, the miles and miles of walking - the presents and the lights and the music, they all will stay in my mind in the coming days, weeks, and months.
     Still, I believe this spring will be amazing, and I cannot wait for the far far better things that I will live through. I've taken crucial steps toward a dream job, decided to pay attention to the amazingness that life today is, and have put in careful effort to not over-stress myself with a overflowing plate of engagements in 2013. Looking at all the pictures from the last few weeks, I've also decided to hold on to the wonder with which you admire New York when you're sight seeing with vacationing friends. (..but without the stress of crossing everything off the list in x amount of time!)


It is SO exciting!






No comments: