Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10.

Quote of the Day. 

Spend some time alone everyday. 
Dalai Lama

It's been good to be alone for some time after the madness of the finished semester and the holidays, in the midst of the changes that are upon me, and after having a crowded apartment for several weeks. Yet, after almost 10 days of a quiet home to come to and a wide wide bed to sleep in whatever way I want to, I'm ready to share it all with someone again.
It's most obvious that something's missing in two kinds of situations: one, when I'm sick and tired, but have to get up to make my own tea, crawl out into the coldness to find the third blanket, and fill up the water bottle yet again, with all my muscles aching as if I had worked out (which I haven't, by the way, in several months...) and no one to give me a massage to ease some of the pain or, two, when I'm super excited about that surprise check that I found by the door or the new knives I finally got on sale, so that we can actually enjoy cutting things that may require a slightly bigger, stronger blade...but it's just me and I can't even call overseas.
Alone time is good. But it's not nearly as good when it replaces too much of the together-time that's just as good.


No comments: