Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October's last ten.

Quotes for the Mind.

October 22. 

Autumn. 
The year's last, loveliest smile. 
William Cullen Bryant




October 23. 

Every leaf speaks bliss to me, 
fluttering from the autumn tree. 
Emily Bronte

I am in love with fall. 
Every year, it helps me breath easy, it makes me run a little faster, it catches my soul by surprise. 
The crisp air, the varied colors, the baring woods. Maybe it's a reminder of home, of cold winters, of the changing seasons that I could never imagine living without..

October 24. 

My soul and I aways dare 
to travel the uncharted land
of impossible dreams. 
Sri Chinmoy



A different view from the Brooklyn Bridge.
Courtesy of my love.

October 25.

True humility is an elephant-strength
that likes to walk lightly.
Sri Chinmoy

October 26. 

Even if something is left undone, 
everyone must take time to sit still 
and watch the leaves turn. 
Elizabeth Lawrence


October 27. 
image from: http://robotmonkeys.net/2009/04/30/design-quotes/






































October 28. 

Vulnerability is the only authentic state. 
Stephen Russeau

October 29. 

Nature must not win the game, 
but she cannot lose. 
Carl Jung (quote at Bryant Park station)


While this was as bad as Hurricane Sandy hurt our neighborhood, much - MUCH - worse took place only a few miles away.
My prayers and thoughts are with our City and others, while restorations go on, lives get re-built, and the floodwaters wash away, giving way to a new start.

October 30. 

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be. 
Yogi Berra

October 31. 

When nobody else celebrates you, celebrate yourself. 
Joel Osteen


take 18 of "serious passport picture"

HAPPY NOVEMBER!! [That much closer to Christmas, our 5-year anniversary, and my (possibly last) graduation!]

No comments: